Outbound Healthcare Collections Representative
**Must be able to attend a 2-week in-person training course in Lubbock, TX**
**Must be available to work Mon-Sat between 8am-8pm CST**
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance, paid time off, employer matching 401K
MicroGenDX provides physicians and their patients with the most advanced molecular based microbial testing available. The laboratory utilizes Next Generation DNA Sequencing technologies to accurately identify bacteria and fungi within patient samples. More information can be found at: www.microgendx.com.
The position of Patient Financial Service Coordinator (Inbound Patient Support and Outbound Patient Account Receivables) consists of interacting with customers to provide information about testing services, billing, and general insurance questions, taking payments and creating payment plans when needed, analyzing customer problems, and handling and resolving complaints.
- Answers general billing/insurance questions, take payments, set up payment plans, and/or transfer to the appropriate department if necessary
- Offer alternative solutions with the objective of retaining patient/facility business
- Reviews previous account documentation, determining appropriate action(s) necessary to resolve each assigned account
- Documents billing, follow-up and/or collection step(s) that are taken and all measures to resolve assigned accounts, including escalation to Supervisor
- Utilize a variety of systems and web-based tools to research & resolve patient/facility issues
- Contact patients via outbound calls to attempt to collect past due balances
- Adhere and be knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations
- Meet daily/weekly expectations as set forth by MicroGenDX
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous call center or customer service experience preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of billing cycles and processes and best practices for patient collections and follow-up
- Ability to use discretion when discussing patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
- Ability to be responsive and flexible to changing matrix of department and company needs and act accordingly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel and other software necessary for job completion.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to stay on task.
- Detail Oriented.
- Proficient in typing (35 wpm without error).
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.