Location: Lubbock, TX
Job Type: Salaried Exempt
Reports To: Chief Science Officer
Pay Rate: $75,000-$125,000 per year based on experience with annual evaluations for raises and merit-based bonuses
MicroGenDX and RTLGenomics Overview
MicroGenDX is the industry leader leveraging next generation sequencing to provide actionable microbial profiles to physicians treating infectious disease (https://microgendx.com/). Established in 2004, RTLGenomics has a long track-record as not only a sequencing service provider, but also as a research facilitator through our analytical consulting services (www.rtlgenomics.com).
MicroGenDX is committed and excited to continue to move this technology to its well-deserved place in diagnostics as the gold standard of care in the diagnosis of infectious disease. Therefore, MicroGenDX and subsidiary RTLGenomics are seeking to fill the role of Metagenome Scientist within our scientific research team.
Learn more about MicroGenDX and the impact we have on patient outcomes HERE!
The Metagenome Scientist will be joining a team of PhD and post-baccalaureate scientists with a primary role contributing to the completion of research projects with our academic, physician and private industry collaborators. Our studies, which are centered around barcode loci (e.g., 16S), shotgun metagenomics, and quantitative PCR, investigate how these technologies contribute to treatment outcomes in a variety of infectious disease systems. In addition to technical skill advancement, this position will also enable professional development through peer networking, conference attendance, and co-authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, expertise, and implementation in the experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of an assigned subset of the overall company research project portfolio
- Interact with our research partners to meet project goals and be able to communicate complex findings
- Collaborate with the MicroGenDX and RTLGenomics team to complete priority research, data analysis, and development projects
Knowledge and Skills Required
- PhD in Biology or similar although technically proficient applicants holding a master’s degree are encouraged to apply.
- Expertise in statistical theory and implementation in the R programming environment, especially pertaining to the analysis of metagenomic data
- Bioinformatic knowledge on best-practices for handling next-generation sequence data using Linux
- Candidates with expertise in other areas of biology and computer science will also be considered
What MicroGenDX Offers
- Relocation assistance for candidates that need to relocate to Lubbock, TX to facilitate in-person collaboration
- Health, dental and vision insurance, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation and sick time and employer matching 401(k)
- Innovation – We understand the healthcare industry advances quickly and so should we. We remain on the forefront of molecular diagnostics in order to continually ensure we are providing physicians and their patients with the very best and most reliable data with 99.9% precision.
- Passion – We seek to inspire the medical community and patients to believe again in accurate diagnostics and better treatment outcomes; with a laser focus on changing diagnostic medicine when it comes to infectious disease.
- Partnership – We are a reliable partner in the medical field for physicians, patients and within the research community. Through attention to quality and knowledge we are a proud diagnostic partner throughout the field and strive to be a sought-out partner in molecular diagnostics and infectious disease well into the future.
- Trust – We strive to exceed expectations while delivering highly-specialized diagnostic services. Through quality ethics and a focus on compliance we are dedicated to be a trusted guide within the field of molecular diagnostics.
Complete application packages consist of a CV, contact information for three references, and a Work Sample demonstrating expertise and productivity (e.g. synopsis of publications, technical summaries of analyses). Please submit applications on our careers site by clicking on the following link:
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.