Laboratory Service Specialist
MicroGenDX is a laboratory highly specialized in providing Next Generation DNA Sequencing for infectious disease across multiple specialties, including COVID-19. We provide physicians and their patients with the most advanced molecular based microbial testing available to accurately identify bacteria and fungi within patient samples.
We are committed and excited to move this technology to its well-deserved place in diagnostics as the gold standard of care and are therefore, looking for a full-time Laboratory Service Specialist to assist with the day-to-day operations of the customer support center located in Orlando, Florida. The work schedule is Monday - Friday from 9 am - 6 pm.
The Laboratory Service Specialist will answer calls from patients and provide support and education on the benefit of using MicroGenDX to improve overall patient diagnostic results.
- Interacts with patients via telephone and email to provide support and information on results and the services MicroGenDX provides.
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve patient problems and concerns.
- Maintains records of patient interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills including active listening.
- Service-oriented and an ability to revolve patient grievances.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
Education and Experience:
- Customer service experience in the healthcare field with knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.