Software Developer II
Job Title: MicroGenDX Software Developer
Job Type: Full time, exempt
The Software Developer's role is to develop, document, test, analyze, modify and maintain software applications for use at Microgen Diagnostics throughout the production life cycle.
- Design, develop, document, analyze and test new applications, specifications and requirements documents while adhering to development and security standards.
- Participate in the design of new modules and programs as well enhancing the functionality of existing modules and programs.
- Maintain existing applications by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in previously developed software packages.
- Participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Supervises and/or leads programming projects and initiatives, as assigned by management.
- Completes other programming tasks, as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan and organize effectively, prioritize goals, pay keen attention to details, and stay on task.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced level analytical and design skills, including process description, logic, problem diagnostics, and problem solving.
- Advanced level understanding of programming languages, syntax structures, and data management techniques.
- Advanced level understanding of application and database design and development.
- Training in computer programming through education or experience
- Capable of working independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Possess a fundamental mastery of C# or similar language.
- Possess a fundamental mastery of relational database systems and the SQL language.
- Experience with working in both Windows and Linux environments.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with REST API implementation
- Experience with Python
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. Responsibilities are subject to change.